In the weeks after the debut of its new flagships, Asus has been busy working – there’s another update for the new Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip. Other phones received some attention as well, with the ROG Phone 5 getting a rather significant update.
The new flagships saw another boost in camera quality, this time accompanied by an increase in call quality. VoLTE support for three European carriers has also been added to the smaller Zenfone 8. The firmware for the 8 has been updated to 126.96.36.199, while the firmware for the 8 Flip has been updated to 188.8.131.52.
What do they get?
Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip Changelog
- Optimized Phone call quality
- Improved camera quality
- Improved system stability
- Enabled VoLTE on Telekom, Germany (Zenfone 8 only)
- Enabled VoLTE on Tele2, Russia (Zenfone 8 only)
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on O2, Czech Republic (Zenfone 8 only)
The Asus ROG Phone 5 firmware version 18.0840.2104.47 includes bug fixes and the April security patch.
Asus ROG Phone 5 Changelog
- Updated Android security patch to 2021-04
- Fixed issue where 5G connection would unintentionally be regulated by system mode
- Fixed the icon cropping problem in App Drawer landscape mode
- Fixed the occasional popping problem of advertisements in the game
- Correct the narrative error in the protection clause of the privacy homepage
- Fixed the problem of too small Chinese text in photo album editing
- Fixed an issue with abnormal temperature display in Armoury Crate
- Fix issue where account sync would not automatically re-enable after changing system modes
- Fixed occasional failure to sleep or wake up the machine by pressing the power button
- Fixed issue with echo during calls
- Fixed issue so the accessory case for Zenfone does not appear in search settings
- Fixed an issue where the refresh rate for Chrome was locked when opening YouTube in a window
- Fixed an issue where notifications were displayed abnormally when calling with WeChat
With the 17.0823.2104.147 upgrade, the older ROG Phone 3 got the April patch, various bug fixes, and VoLTE/VoWIFI compatibility for Russia’s MTS.
Asus ROG Phone 3 Changelog
- Enabled VoLTE/VoWIFI on MTS (Russia).
- Updated to April 2021 Android security patch
- Fixed occasional Launcher keeps crash
- Fixed the issue where the screen cannot be output through HDMI to ASUS MG279Q monitor
- Updated APN list
Further back, the Zenfone 6 received a new security patch (whose version is unknown) as well as a handful of additional adjustments with version 18.0610.2104.145.
Asus Zenfone 6 Changelog
- Updated Android security patch
- Updated APN version
- Fixed the problem that the status bar cannot slide out when playing videos or games on fullscreen