Having billions of users worldwide, WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging app owned by Meta. Users text, chat, send audio messages, videos, stickers, GIFs, and emojis with people or groups using the app.
They can even exchange snappy, appealing stickers in addition to photographs, movies, and music to bring a new twist to their talks.
Although creating a personalized sticker takes a little more time, users may save time by using the pre-made stickers available inside WhatsApp. WhatsApp regularly releases new animated stickers for its customer.
If you’re interested to know that how to download and use stickers on WhatsApp, this “How to” article might help.
Following is a step-by-step method for downloading and using stickers on WhatsApp for Android and iPhone.
How to download WhatsApp stickers on Android?
If you’re an Android user, you can download and use stickers on WhatsApp by following the steps mentioned below.
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Then, select an individual chat or group chat.
- Tap Emoji > Stickers > Add plus (+) icon in the right corner to add a sticker. This will bring up the Sticker Pack area.
- Tap the Download icon beside the sticker pack you wish to download.
- Once the download is complete, a green checkmark will appear.
- Then Tap Back.
Return to the sticker section and you’ll see the new pack among the ones you’ve previously used. Any of the stickers will be instantly delivered to the person in the chat window when you tap on them.
How to download WhatsApp stickers on iPhone?
To download and use stickers on WhatsApp, iPhone users can follow the steps outlined below.
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Next, select an individual chat or group chat.
- Tap on Stickers icon > Add, to add sticker packs.
- Besides the sticker pack, you want to download, tap the Download icon.
The downward arrow turns into a tick once downloaded.
Then, exactly like on Android, you must return to the sticker section to view the new pack among the previously used stickers.
Choose the sticker you wish to send and press it; the sticker will be sent to the individual in the chat window.
Tap Recents (clock icon) to see your most recently used stickers.
Users with Android can add stickers to their Favorites by simply tapping them in their individual or group chat. Tap Add to Favorites from the available options.
Another way is Emoji > Stickers. Tap and hold the sticker, then click Add to Favorites from the given options.
Tap the sticker in your individual or group chat > Add to Favorites for iPhone users.
An additional option is to Tap Stickers and hold the sticker you want to add to your favorites, then press Add to Favorites.
Apart from that, you can make your own stickers by installing third-party software for Android and iPhone.
How to Download WhatsApp Stickers for Festivals?
- Open the Google Play Store app and type WhatsApp stickers in the search field.
- A variety of sticker options will be displayed on Google Play for the occasion.
- After looking at the animation and customization features of the options, pick any app you like.
- Download the app you want to use and see if the stickers work properly.
- Launch Whatsapp and navigate to a personal or group chat.
- Select the sticker tab by pressing the emoji option.
- You’ll find the sticker packs you downloaded previously here.
- To open the sticker pack, tap the header, then scroll down to pick some stickers.
- Tap the stickers to send them to your friends and family.
This method may also be used to send out stickers for other festivals as well.
How to Download new WhatsApp Sticker Packs?
New sticker packs are available for download through the app’s sticker store, which is available for both Android and iOS users.
- Go to any solo or group chat on WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap the ‘Emoji’ icon, then ‘Stickers,’ and then the plus (+) icon to add a sticker.
- You’ll be sent to the sticker store of WhatApp.
- Click on ‘Download’ beside the sticker pack you want to get.
How to use stickers on WhatsApp?
After downloading new stickers from the sticker store, you can use them in your chats. Here’s how it goes:
- Open any personal or group chat on WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Now, click the ‘Emoji’ icon, next click on the ‘Sticker’ icon.
- You’ll see the newly downloaded sticker set here, as well as other frequently used stickers.
- Select any of the stickers and they will be delivered to the person in the chat window automatically.
Source: Whatsapp Support