There’s a possibility you sent an email to the wrong person in a hurry, or that the email contains a typo, or that you unintentionally pushed the send button and soon regretted it?
Fortunately, Google’s ‘Undo’ features for emails allow you to undo a sent message for up to five seconds. In addition, you may extend the time limitation for Gmail’s ‘Undo Send’ feature.
How to increase the undo time in Gmail?
- Go to your Gmail account and choose the settings button.
- Click ‘See all settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Look for the ‘Undo Send’ option under the General tab.
- Select one of the choices – 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, or 30 seconds – from the ‘Send cancellation period’ drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ after scrolling down.
How to undo settings in Gmail?
To cancel the email you’ve sent, you’ll need to enable Undo Send in your Gmail settings. Go to Gmail and click on Settings to do the same.
Check the box next to “Enable Undo Send” in the “Undo Send” section. Set the time that you wish to unsend an email in the ‘Send cancellation period’ section.
Is it possible to unsend an email in Gmail?
Yes, in Gmail, you can undo an email. To do so, when you see the words “Message sent” on the screen, click on “Undo”.