In daily life, forgetting a wifi password is more common than you think. Many users connect their smartphones, laptops to their wifi network and then forget the password. Which would be difficult whenever they joined new devices or share a password with family members.
The great news is that there are various ways to figure out what your wifi password is if you haven’t saved it anywhere. On different platforms, there are various methods to obtain the wifi passwords of your router.
In this article, we will show you simple steps on how to check your wifi password on android, iPhone, window and macOS.
How to Check Wifi Password in Android Device
Android Device has a secret that allows you to quickly access your wifi passwords. You might be able to view your saved wifi passwords of the saved networks on your smartphone if you are running android 10 or later.
follow these simple steps :
- firstly, go to the setting option and head over to the wifi network.
- click on the gear or lock symbol next to the network for which you need the password.
- Select share password. To unlock this screen you may need to use your pin or fingerprint.
- On the screen, you will see the QR code with the password written below.
You may either share the wifi password directly or ask the person you wish to share it to scan the QR code with their phone if it’s a difficult one.
How to Check the Wifi password on iOS Smartphone
It’s difficult to find the wifi password on an iOS Smartphone because Apple is more concerned about privacy and security. Finding the wifi password of your router in an iPhone is very difficult.
However, there is the only method for this macOS computer is required. The guide does not work with any windows or laptops. So, if you are using a macOS system and want to check your wifi passwords on iOS.
Follow these simple steps :
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and select the iCloud option. The keychain option can be found there. Toggle it on.
- Go to settings and enable Personal hotspot.
- Connect your Mac to your iPhone personal hotspot now. Once the hotspot is connected to the Mac, type keychain access into spotlight search (CMD + Space).
- By pressing enter, you will search for a wifi network whose password you want to know.
- There will be a pop-up screen that displays the network’s details.
- select show password from the drop-down menu. The system will prompt you for your administrator user credentials.
After that, you will be able to see the wifi network’s password.
How to Find Wifi Passwords on Windows PC or Laptop’s
On the Windows PC or laptop, there are several techniques to find out a wifi password. The password for the wifi network or router to which you are presently connected is easily accessible.
follow these simple steps:
- Search for network status in the status menu.
- Alternatively, right-click the wifi sign in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- select, open network and internet settings from the menu that appears.
- Now, choose change adapter options from the drop-down menu. A new window will appear, displaying the wifi connection.
- Double click on wifi connections then choose wireless properties.
- After that, you will be presented with two options: Connections and security. Check a show characters box in security. You will be able to view the passwords for the wifi networks and modem you are presently connected to using this method.
There are also different techniques to find out the passwords for the different saved networks on any windows-based device.
Follow these simple steps :
- Type the command prompt into the start menu.
- Run the command: nets wlan show profile.
- You will get a list of all wifi networks you have saved.
- Select the networks for which you want to view the passwords.
- then run the command: netsh wlan show profile ***** key=clear. (Replace **** with networks name from the list.)
- After that, you will see the wifi password of that specific network or under the security setting search for the modem.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative articles kindly go-to our site www.gadgetsrealm.com.