Usually, you have to press and hold a side button to switch off a smartphone, but this is not the case with the iPhone 11 and subsequent models. You must press a combination of buttons to turn off your iPhone.
Apple iPhones are among the most technologically advanced smartphones on the market. The latest Apple iPhones have features and specifications that are unrivaled in the industry.
The features make using the iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 a great experience, but switching it off may be a bit of a hassle.
So, if you’re wondering what those mysterious buttons are that can turn your iPhone off, we’re here to assist. In this “How To” guide, we’ll explain you how to switch your iPhone off in a number of different methods.
How to Turn Off Your iPhone with a Button Combination
It’s a little more difficult to turn off an iPhone than it is to turn off an Android phone. For Android phone, you just have to press and hold the power button turns the phone off automatically.
However, this is not the case for iPhone 12 or iPhone 13.
So, if you’re wondering how to turn it off, follow these instructions:
- Press and hold the Volume and Side Buttons at once.
- Hold it for at least one to two seconds.
- You should get a haptic vibration when you’re done, and the power slider should appear on top of the screen.
- Simply slide it from left to right.
- Finally, Your iPhone will be switched off.
How to Turn Off Your iPhone with Setting App
You can also switch off your iPhone without touching any of the volume or side buttons, according to Apple. The turn off option has been introduced to the phone, allowing you to easily turn the iPhone off.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Settings in you iPhone.
- Go to General.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- You’ll find the Shut Down option beneath the Transfer or Reset iPhone option
- Click on Shut Down
- Next, You’ll have the Power Slider.
- Just slide it from left to right.
- Finally, You’ll Turn Off Your iPhone.
How to Force Restart the iPhone?
You can always force restart your iPhone if you are having problems with it and are unable to turn it off via the settings or using the button combination. This feature was first introduced with the iPhone X and is now accessible in all of Apple’s many latest iPhone models.
A hard reset does not imply that all of your data or personal information will be erased. This function is just for restarting your iPhone.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Now press and release the volume down button.
- Lastly, Press and hold the side button.
- Power slider option will appear on the top of your screen. Keep pressing the side button until the Apple logo appear on the screen.
You will be able to turn off your iPhone without much trouble using this method.