We’ve all encountered the agony of moving large amounts of data from one device to another. The procedure is quite tedious, and it becomes even more problematic when moving data from an iPhone to an Android device.
One of the most significant aspects of your data is your contacts, which is notoriously tough to move from iPhone to Android.
Fortunately, there are a few methods that will allow you to easily transfer all of your contacts from your iPhone to your new Android phone.
In this post, we’ll go through some of the simplest methods to quickly and easily transfer your contacts.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android with Google Account?
Transfer your contacts using your Google account. You’ll need a Google account for that, though. If you’ve not created yet, go to Google and choose the Create Account option to create a new Google account. After that, you’re done.
To transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, follow these steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Mail.
- Tap on Account.
- You’ll see all your account there, Click on Add Account.
- Click Gmail.
- Then Login with your account credentials.
- Next, Your iPhone will prompt you to choose which parts of your Google account you want to sync.
- Select Contact.
Your Contacts will begin to sync with your Google account once this is completed. Please keep in mind that this may take some time.
After that, simply log in to your Google account on your Android smartphone, and your contacts will appear in the Contacts App and Phone App.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android with iCloud?
You can also use Apple’s cloud service, iCloud, to download all of your contacts. Before downloading from the cloud, you must first enable iCloud on your iPhone and back it up.
After you’ve finished backing up, proceed with the following steps:
- Open Browser.
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and Password.
- Head to the Contacts App.
- Next screen will show you all your contacts.
- Select All your contacts by pressing CTRL + A or Command + A.
- Now, Tap on the Gear icon at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Export on vCard.
- Hit Select All once more.
- Next, Tap to download the vCard.
- Once finished, Open Google Contacts.
- Navigate to Import Section.
- Upload the vCard file that you’ve downloaded.
Finally, you’ll have your Contacts uploaded to your Gmail account and automatically synced with your Android smartphone once you log in.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android with Third-Party Apps?
There are numerous apps that allow you to transfer contacts from your iPhone to your Android device and vice versa. MCBackup is one such application.
Both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store have the app available for download. The advantage of this app is that it automatically backs up all of your contacts and exports them as vCards, allowing you to share them to other Android or iOS devices.
It also has an offline backup feature, which eliminates the need to sync to a server. Moreover, using only an email client, you can easily transfer the contacts from Android or iPhone.
Here’s how to use the MC Backup app to transfer contacts from an iPhone to an Android smartphone.
- Go to Apple App Store.
- Search MC Backup application.
- Download and install the app.
- Launch the App.
- Just Click on Backup. (After that, the app will backup and convert all of your contacts to Vcard)
- Now, Tap on E-Mail.
- Send it to your Gmail Account. (The one which is logged in to your Android mobile phone)
- Once you receive the mail, open it and Download the vCard file.
- Now just Click on it and Add all the contacts on your Android Phone.